Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:36 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 0 post
Hello All

Anyone know the karat size, color clarity etc for the diamond bezels on the watches that come from the manufacture or when you buy it with the bezel on the watch already? I am looking to get a chronomat w/o diamonds first and then pick up a diamond bezel later on but wanted to have the "OEM" look as close to factory with there specific specs....I read that the bezel from breitling with the diamond bezel is white gold? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

KW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:35 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
At the bottom of the first page on this thread I posted a bit about diamond clarity and colour in general -

http://www.breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/v ... 75&start=0

I think Breitling factory diamonds bezels are generally VVS1 and 2's and colour is around F to G. I can't tell you how may carats they are, but the ones with a single row on the top look about 1.5 carats at a guess. (I personally don't own a diamond bezel... I just know a little about diamonds).

Aftermarket bezels seem to vary a little, but most I have seen seem to be VS2's and SI1's with colour around the G to H mark, so not as good as the factory original... but to be honest you'd have to be a real expert to notice the difference.

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:42 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Driver8 wrote:
At the bottom of the first page on this thread I posted a bit about diamond clarity and colour in general -

I think Breitling factory diamonds bezels are generally VVS1 and 2's and colour is around F to G. I can't tell you how may carats they are, but the ones with a single row on the top look about 1.5 carats at a guess. (I personally don't own a diamond bezel... I just know a little about diamonds).

Aftermarket bezels seem to vary a little, but most I have seen seem to be VS2's and SI1's with colour around the G to H mark, so not as good as the factory original... but to be honest you'd have to be a real expert to notice the difference.

+1 I will add extra, basically the factory diamonds aren't large in size, but are very high quality and the bezel is usually constructed of white gold. Also these factory diamond bezels will come with the Breitling certificate of authenticity for the diamonds in the bezel. The aftermarket ones are usually the factory stainless steel bezels, but they are custom drilled by a jeweler, they can usually accommodate bigger stones, but of less quality than the factory ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:50 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Thanks for the reply guys. Yea I saw a link on the forums with an ebayer seller with about 700+ positive feedback selling the vs1/si1 bezels with 1.25, g color...price seems pretty good also.

I am ok going with an aftermarket bezel if its looks nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:51 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

I never knew factory bezels were in white gold. Learn something new every day.....

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:59 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

another thing I wanted to add to the post. How difficult/easy is it to change the bezel yourself? Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:06 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

veilsidegs3 wrote:
another thing I wanted to add to the post. How difficult/easy is it to change the bezel yourself? Thanks

For the CE? Very simple, all you need is a flathead screwdriver that you normally use on glasses. Take it nice and easy though, the screwdriver can easily slide off the screw then scratch the side of the bezel or even the side of the case. Remember when you try to rescrew the screws not to overtighten them, just enough for them to be secured.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:16 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

sounds good. Thanks for the reply.

You guys like the diamonds on the top of the bezel itself or on the top and side of the bezel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:26 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

veilsidegs3 wrote:
You guys like the diamonds on the top of the bezel itself or on the top and side of the bezel?

Personally, neither! :wink: But that's just me! :) Given the choice I would say just the top as it's less blingy.

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:14 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

veilsidegs3 wrote:
sounds good. Thanks for the reply.

I think the top diamond bezels are good enough, the sides in my opinion would look tacky. But, if you like the sides + top, do whatever makes you happy. Never buy anything just to impress others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:17 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

yup. this watch is jsut for myself only.

I personally like the diamonds on the top of the bezel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
I have diamonds on both the top and the sides of the bezel, I like the way it looks.. I would like it only on the top as well.. but i chose to get it put on both since it wasn't much more money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:27 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

yea I have seen your watch.....its pretty bad @$$!!!!!! love the look

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:59 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I know for the factory diamonds that comes on the Breitling Evolution 745 is 1.14 cts vvs E color

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:08 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

defiancekofb wrote:
Driver8 wrote:

+1 I will add extra, basically the factory diamonds aren't large in size, but are very high quality and the bezel is usually constructed of white gold. Also these factory diamond bezels will come with the Breitling certificate of authenticity for the diamonds in the bezel. The aftermarket ones are usually the factory stainless steel bezels, but they are custom drilled by a jeweler, they can usually accommodate bigger stones, but of less quality than the factory ones.

Also I think most models with factory diamond bezels are not white gold, as mine came factory and on a SS bezel. If you check their website it shows no Chronomat in WG version with diamonds...I could be wrong tho but that's how mine was like