Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:25 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi Everybody,
I’m new to the forum and have just purchased a second hand Avenger M1, complete with documentation and box including service history. It’s the yellow faced M1.
I’ve always wanted a Breitling and am glad I finally pulled the trigger on what appears to be a very tidy and well looked after Avenger.
First thing of note is just how comfortable it is to wear, the Titanium I think has a lot to do with its wearability as it’s light, I’m using the pro diver strap 3 with deployment clasp which suits it and adds to its comfort as it too is light.
So far happy with the result :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:22 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 168 posts
Edward1918 wrote:
Hi Everybody,
I’m new to the forum and have just purchased a second hand Avenger M1, complete with documentation and box including service history. It’s the yellow faced M1.
I’ve always wanted a Breitling and am glad I finally pulled the trigger on what appears to be a very tidy and well looked after Avenger.
First thing of note is just how comfortable it is to wear, the Titanium I think has a lot to do with its wearability as it’s light, I’m using the pro diver strap 3 with deployment clasp which suits it and adds to its comfort as it too is light.
So far happy with the result :D

Greetings Edward, Welcome too the forum.

I owned the very same watch, and agree with you about comfort. Kinda regret selling mine now.

Davey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:33 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hi Davey,
Thanks for responding to my post... that’s good to know.
I have a bit of a cunning plan with this one as I’ve already purchased a new face and Tachymeter both a blue and white one for it and intend to swap them around at its 2 year service intervals so it’s a bit like having a new watch. Just need the black sub dial hands now. (I’m hopeful this will stop me buying a new breitling and ending up on the slippery slope to what could and will be an Expensive hobby...!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:09 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Edward1918 wrote:
Hi Davey,
Thanks for responding to my post... that’s good to know.
I have a bit of a cunning plan with this one as I’ve already purchased a new face and Tachymeter both a blue and white one for it and intend to swap them around at its 2 year service intervals so it’s a bit like having a new watch. Just need the black sub dial hands now. (I’m hopeful this will stop me buying a new breitling and ending up on the slippery slope to what could and will be an Expensive hobby...!!

The slope is indeed slippery!! Nice idea changing the dial at service. I had a B2 Dial Change, expensive 'tho.

The photo's of my CA M1 have appeared a few times on sales forums. This one included. Guess that's just a side effect of sharing them.

Really hope you enjoy wearing it as much as I did mine.

D

Hunterfate likes this post.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:52 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hi Davey,
That’s a great shot of your CA M1 I’ll have a look around the forum and learn a bit as I go along.
I purchased my CA M1 watch parts off eBay so got them at sensible prices £60 and £95.00 one with, one without Tachymeter. The retail prices from your AD are horrendous £450 for just a replacement bezel on the CA M1. So I didn’t bother asking about replacement faces...
What watch do you have Now and how many Breitlings have you owned if you don’t mind me asking...
Something you may be able to help me on what is the opinion on the forum to using ultra sonic cleaning ie at home too fully submerging the watch...? some people say they would not do it or would only submerge the strap and others say they have tried it and there have been no problems with full immersion.
Cheers.
J

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:01 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 86 posts
Congratulations on a beautiful watch and welcome to the group.
Frank.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:05 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hi Frank,
That’s really nice thank you very much.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:58 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Hi Edward,

I'm unsure about the cleaning tbh. The most adventurous I've been is using Cap Cod Cloths and a Fibre Pen!!!!! I seem to recall one of the members who worked in a AD used ultrasound too good effect, but I'd not risk any of mine.

At a countback I think I've owned 18 different Breitlings over 16 Years My 1st is still with me, a B1. My current collection is down to 8. So many ended up being safe dwelling pieces that I sold them on. Better someone is wearing it than living in the dark!

Since retiring I simply cannot afford the prices nowadays. That's a shame in some ways, but a godsend in others!

Take care,

Davey