Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Boxing Day Scores?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:39 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
Anyone reap the benefits of Boxing day sales anywhere? I know La Swiss had their usual 30% off Breitlings and 40% off everything else sale, I went in.. and the girl there recognized me, said that I never buy anything from them.. I didn't want to be rude to her but La Swiss in Vancouver area gives mediocre discounts compared to the ones in Toronto. Only time they are any good is during Boxing day.

I was definately eyeing that white Roman Numeral Chronomat Evo. Would look like with a diamond Bezel.

I didn't pick up any watches, but I did get tons of clothes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:30 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
Dude, don't even think of another Chrono Evo, especially since you don't have the GMT Master IIc yet!!! I am going to keep bugging you on this untill you get that watch, think of me as the sound of reason contradicting the thousand Breitling devils whispering in your ear.

Diversify, get the effin Rolex!!!!! I garantee you will love it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:02 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 1 post
I went, I saw, I chickened out. Batchelor life wouldnt suit me, I'd probably starve to death. If she didnt kill me first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:20 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 0 post
Admin,

If you are going to branch out into other watches I suggest you look into these Carl Bucherer models. I submitted a request for info last week and they sent a hard cover book to my office with all of the models in it. These are very impressive looking watches. I was a little surprised at the suggested retail prices though, the Patravi Traveltech on a steel bracelet is $10,900.

:fulllingclub:

Post subject: Re: Boxing Day Scores?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:25 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
breitlingsource wrote:
I know La Swiss had their usual 30% off Breitlings and 40% off everything else sale.

Wow, I'd kill for those sort of discounts! I popped into town today and noticed that, even though the UK High St has ALLEGEDLY been feeling the pinch with people spending less due to the credit crunch etc, there was absolutely no discount whatsoever on Breitling watches!

Actually that's a slight lie as there was one Breilting in the sale section - a B-2 (so a discontinued model) at the far-from-reasonable price of £1580!! Woo, what a bargain! NOT.

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:39 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I actually had to go downtown (Vancouver), and my AD (Time & Gold) was closed, so I thought I would check out La Swiss. The only reason I ever go there is to look but not buy, I really don't like their sales technique, and I wouldn't trust them at all. There is one especially odd saleslady there, who I have seen many times. She basically said I should buy one yesterday, "Now you should buy one!" and made a rude comment about my usual AD who I told her would take my SuperOcean anytime and give me at least 25% off. I don't care what kind of discount they give me, quality of service is most important. I love dealing with Time & Gold. I also mentioned to that lady that they didn't have a model I was interested in anyway, and that I hadn't made up my mind which one I was getting. She said rudely that I shouldn't think about it so much, just go in and buy one. Maybe she thinks I have big bucks to throw around, and that if I buy one from her on impulse, if it doesn't quite turn out to be exactly what I want, I can just spring for another one right away. Nope. Even if La Suisse was the only AD in Vancouver, I would go out of town before giving them my money.
Cheers,
Carl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:18 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

La Swiss is consider quite Exspensive for watches and giving not the greatest discounts except on Boxing day...here where I live I usually get 25% discount on Breitlings and sometimes 30% on all other brands even if not on Boxing day...my other friend here gets 40% discount on Breitlings at the same AD because he's very good friends with the owner of the jewellry store.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:20 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Oh and I know La Swiss only has high discounts on their older Breitling models and harder models to sell as they put away all the high end Breitlings and good stuff away for the sale...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:13 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 2 posts
Boxing Day?

There are bigger sales on Boxing Day than before Christmas?

:lol:

You're kidding right?

~Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
Brian, I can't tell if ur kidding or not lol.. yeah boxing day always has the best sales here.. anything that wasn't sold for christmas gets cleared out!

Carl, that lady at the Pacific Centre La Swiss... I think I know which one you were talking about.. its that Asian sales technique.. they always act like that. I'm quite used to it myself, and she is alright actually but her technique doesn't appeal to everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:38 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Yeah, there are actually 3 different Asian ladies there. The other 2 are great, and no problem. The other one I just find pushy and rude. I didn't want to say Asian, because lots of people automatically assume that it's a racist thing. I bought a Tissot Le Locle from an Asian guy downstairs in Pacific Centre, and he gave me great service. I have also been in other stores where Caucasians have been rude and given dreadful service, where an Asian came to the rescue. So it really depends upon the individual, and how you perceive the service. That whole store actually puts me off, I really don't even like the layout or the presentation. It really looks like a place where I would go to buy a lower end watch. Just my opinion. I once had a technical question regarding a watch I wanted to have serviced, and the watchmaker could not have been less interested. Like I say, it's a good open place to browse, but they will never get any of my money. Even if it means a difference of a few hundred bucks, I will be loyal to Time & Gold.
By the way, totally off the subject. I hear there is going to be an Apple store in Vancouver soon, and thought it would be in Pacific Centre, but doesn't seem it will be going in there. Heard any rumors?
Cheers,
Carl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:53 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 2 posts
breitlingsource wrote:
Brian, I can't tell if ur kidding or not lol.. yeah boxing day always has the best sales here.. anything that wasn't sold for christmas gets cleared out!

Carl, that lady at the Pacific Centre La Swiss... I think I know which one you were talking about.. its that Asian sales technique.. they always act like that. I'm quite used to it myself, and she is alright actually but her technique doesn't appeal to everyone.

Wow. I didn't realize Canada was so serious about boxing.

~Brian