The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 8:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:39 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
Well, I finally tried on the Steelfish at my AD today. I have been debating for months which watch I will get that will replace my 1997 SuperOcean. I was all set to go for the Blue dial, but the AD had a black one which really blew me away. The pics on the website are great, but really don't do it justice! The machining on the dial is amazing, and the silver numbers on the dial look incredible. The detail and contrast with the brushed and polished surfaces is wonderful. I work in a printing shop, and have my hands in machinery all the time, so the brushed strap is ideal. Even the polished one on my SuperOcean took my "punishment" incredibly well, and the scratches were not too noticable. Of course, I often removed the watch if I really had to dig deep in the machinery. I wont' be able to get the watch till first thing in the New Year, I still hope that one is still available. How many sleeps till I get my new watch? :D
Cheers,
Carl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:51 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
carlhaluss,

Its a great watch and you definatelty will not be disappointed. It really is a beautiful watch.

Can you not ask the AD to keep it aside for you in the mean time? Tell them it is as good as sold!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:44 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
I might actually go in tomorrow and put a deposit on it. My AD will also take my SuperOcean - 1997 model - as a trade, which will give me about 25% off the new Steelfish. I have other watches, so I may give a deposit and my SuperOcean as well until I can get the new one in a week or so.
Thank You for your reply.
Cheers,
Carl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:41 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
carlhaluss wrote:
I work in a printing shop, and have my hands in machinery all the time, so the brushed strap is ideal.

It's a great watch Carl - got one myself! :) But one thing I would say - I have personally always found brushed finishes a little more "scratch happy" that polished actually. I don't tend to wear my Steelfish in situations where it is likely to get scratched, but my Seamasters have always been prone to showing the scratches on the brushsed bits. Just something to think about, but it should IN NO WAY put you off buying a Steelfish!! They're superb! :thumbsup:

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:24 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
Well I gotta say I Love my Steelfish! It's such a nice watch that I want to wear it constantly. I don't normally wear a watch just farting around the house, but this one screams to be worn. On the other hand I find myself babying it, so that I don't accidently bump or scratch it.
I was torn between the blue or black dial. I chose blue and love it, but I wouldn't have been unhappy with black. The reason I chose blue was the way light subtly changes its color. The silver dial looks great too, and I haven't seen as many like that. Whichever you opt for you'll have a great looking watch. Good luck
MERRY CHRISTMAS 'LINGHOLICS!

:pcacborc:
:threequartslingclub:
Navitimer o1 LE
SuperOcean Steelfish
Bathys 100Fathoms Aquaculture
RXW MM20
RXW MM25
Seiko Sumo
Seiko Orange Monster
Movado series 800 diver
Thanks