The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:06 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 0 post
Like many Breitling fans I cant quit looking through the Chronolog 2007 I have. I keep studying the specs and photos and am kinda drawn to the looks and fuctionallity of the Skyracer (slate with black) and dont see any post regarding this model.

It is as big as the Evo and has the slide ruler of the navi's and it water proof to a decent depth. So whats wrong with it?

It the bracelet polished or brushed?

What is the fuction of the arrow hand and the secondary red tipped hand?

Thanks

Scott

Post subject: skyracer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:31 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

There isn't a damn thing wrong with that watch its excellent........most of the guys here seem to love the SA I love the reg cockpit big date watches, and the blacksteel rugged and handsome.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:22 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
It is apparently one incredible watch. In Sync magazine (which unfortunately I do not have a copy of) did a review on it in their last issue. It appears that the movement in quite new. Here is a quotation from the In Sync website:

"The Breitling Professional Skyracer is an automatic chronograph, designed to be the most efficient in its category. Powered by the new Caliber 27, it features dual visualization of measured times. Central chronograph seconds and minutes hand indicate elapsed times of less than one hour, while a two-hand counter at 9 displays chronograph minutes and hours. The watch also features a rotating pinion bezel with circular slide rule. The 43.5mm steel case is attached to a leather, crocodile or rubber Diver Pro strap. The watch is water-resistant to 200 meters."
Here is a link to the website of In Sync:
http://www.insyncmagazine.com/wpd/2007.html

I love the slate-grey dial, I just wish I understood a little bit more of the functions. If might try and grab a copy of the magazine tomorrow. When I saw it, I was in a bit of a hurry. Thanks to your posting, I will now pay more attention to it. I also like how the calendar is at the 6o'clock position, and the whole layout of the dial is very well-balanced.

Merry Christmas,
Carl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:47 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
BroncoSport wrote:
I keep studying the specs and photos and am kinda drawn to the looks and fuctionallity of the Skyracer (slate with black) and dont see any post regarding this model.
It is as big as the Evo and has the slide ruler of the navi's and it water proof to a decent depth. So whats wrong with it?
It the bracelet polished or brushed?
What is the fuction of the arrow hand and the secondary red tipped hand?

I've thought the very same thing regarding the lack of posts about the Skyracer, Broncosport. I like it a lot, although the bezel (being almost the same as the Airwolf) doesn't always look "classic Breitling" to me. I love the sunray effect on the dial as it's a little more subtle than the Airwolf version.

Carl's response has answered most of your questions, except whether it's brushed or polished - it's polished by the way, and looks great on the Pro II bracelet.

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:31 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 72 posts
Love that watch (don't have it), wish it's cheaper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
I really like the skyracer... I think its a worthy replacement to the Hercules, but I really liked the Hercules too.. one of those watches I just never got around to owning. Why do you ask if there is sometrhing wrong with it? Because not many people have it? If so.. my guess is just that the people that do like it like a different watch more than the Skyracer.. Like the Evo, SA or CA and prefer one of those over the Skyracer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:11 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Thats basically it. I just havent seen any posts meantioning it and wondered why more people dont have one.... say instead of an EVO or a regular Navi.

Everyone here seems fixated on the Evo, SA or Navi World. (all of which are great watches, IMO)

I love the Navi's but the whole water proof thing kinda scares me off a little and the Evo's are nice looking and functional but (sorry EVO owners) kinda plain looking compared with the Navi's. I saw the Skyracer in the Chronolog and it seems to be a combination of the EVO and NAVI.

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:18 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I really liked the Skyracer with White dial. I don’t know if you have had it on your wrist yet but it has great wrist presence. I kind of noticed the same thing as you when I was deciding between the Skyracer and Skyland. I went with the skyland but cant stop looking at the large applied logo of the Skyracer. I just purchased a Navitimer for Christomas but the white dial Skyracer may be my next purchase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:25 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I havent had it on my wrist yet. When I went to the closest AD (3 hours away) I only tried on the EVO, SA, Mont and Mont Limited. Since I am getting really close to enough $ for my very first luxury watch, I plan on another trip with plenty of cash on hand for my purchase and a general idea of the grey market prices. I just dont know which one I will take home yet! :)

The short list is:

EVO with the anthracite dial (very high on the list, just awesome looking)
Navi World with black dial
Bentley 6.75 with either white of bronze
Mont Legende
Mont Datora

or possibly the Skyracer with the slate / black

damn decisions!!! :lol: