The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:47 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
posted this on TZ forums but got not response yet...

Hi I've been researching on the new SOH for quite sometime now and am ready to purchase it tomorrow at my AD. I've seen some previous posts about the 38mm that people are saying their AD says it's a females version of it...My AD here never said anything about it being a female version. I've also checked the website and it does not say it's a female version. Also the female lines of Breitlings so far are the Windrider cockpit lady and the starliner which comes in at 31mm for the CPL and 30mm for the SL...so to me the 38mm can be a females watch but more likely still in the men's catagory, could be unisex also. Anyways I've tried them both on and the 38mm fits me quite well because I have a small 6.25 inch wrist and it's not much difference compared to my Rolex DJ that I also have. I've noticed it has a new Breitling 37 movement..anyone have any thoughts about this new movement? Before my final decision I would still like to find out a bit more on it since I know nothing about movements and just started collecting watches earlier this year. Also I would like to compare the 46 with my evolution. Any thoughts on 46mm on a 6 to 6.5 inch wrist? Also anyone have any wristshots of the 46 on small wrists? Much help is appreciated before I make my purchase.

Thanks,
Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:58 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I believe that the SOH is a unisex watch. You should purchase whichever size makes you the happiest. The general leaning in this forum seems to be towards the larger sizes, but it is simply a matter of personal preference in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:59 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Bling88,

A 38 MM watch is a WAFER, get the 46. And with a name like "bling88" it seems this would be an easy decision for you. You would need a magnifying glass to find the 38 MM version.

:fulllingclub:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
My personal preference would be towards the 46, however, if you prefer the 38, then you should get the 38. Just make sure you are sure you want the 38!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:53 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

well i bought the 38mm...the 46 is just way too big and it looked silly, my evo is 43.7mm and thats the biggest i'll go also the 38 isn't so bad as i also wear a rolex datejust that is 36mm..posted pics of it in the gallery section

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:22 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
I guess the 38mm is in keeping with your Rolex size-wise. Watch size is a funny thing as a few years ago I thought a 41mm Seamaster was a really big manly watch. Now in comparison to my Navi World and especially my SA it looks tiny!

But at the end of the day you've got to be comfortable with it, so if you are used to smaller watches then I'm sure the 38m will be fine. Nice one.

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:39 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 2 posts
My wife tried on a 38mm Montbrilliant while on vacation in Curacao. It looked nice on her wrist, but in my opinion it was very small. The size looked very much like a ladies watch.

I tried on a Navitimer and had a hard time reading the dial. It looks much smaller than 40mm in my opinion. I'm so glad I went with the Navi-World at 46mm. My wrist is 7.5 inches and it fits fine. You'll think it looks big at first, but you'll get used to it.

~Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:15 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

bling88,

Listen to Flynbyu when he says :

"You'll think it looks big at first, but you'll get used to it."

:fulllingclub:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:22 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I know what u guys are saying about you'll get use to it...But i do also have a Evolution which is quite big on my wrist already and I won't go any bigger then that...2.3mm bigger then the evo is quite a difference..the 38mm is just perfect for my size and liking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:54 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

bling88, the watch looks great on your wrist. wear it in health. you have a rapidly growing collection going there . . . (green with envy) haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:45 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

It looks indeed very nice on your wrist.
I like it very much, however, I should use its the 46.

Grats!

Kurt

Philip Stein Teslar Large Chronograph
Rodania Dakar Chronograph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:05 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
Just took a first close look at both of them today. I have to say that regardless of wrist size, I would go with the 46mm. The 38mm is just too small, if you think it is even smaller than the Colt which is just over 40mm and about the smallest I would go. Again, a matter of personal choice. Too me they just don't do the trick personallly, I guess they don't look like what I consider Breitling should look like. I really can't understand the 38mm and 46mm thing. Why not at least 40mm or 42mm. Anyway, I would have to actually try the small one on to make sure. It is still a beautiful watch by any standard. I was actually considering a Colt myself, my wrist is pretty big and I still think it's a good looking watch, about the size of my 10-year-old SuperOcean, which I have been very happy with. I just don't like too large a watch myself. I tried on a Bentley today, a friend of mine has, a lovely watch but way too large for me.
So, there you go, whatever you feel comfortable with. All I have done is ramble on and on, and probably no help whatsoever!
That is the great thing about these forums. Most of my friends are not into watches at all, and they have a real hard time relating to how I can even consider paying thousands of dollars for a watch. I told one of my friends (who owns a vehicle, and I do not) that my first Breitling Colt was 650.00 20 years ago, and ten years ago I traded it at my AD for my SuperOcean, and was credited 800.00. How many vehicles do you know that actually gain value over the years?
Enjoy whichever one you buy.
Cheers,
Carl