Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Colt Super Quartz II
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:58 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
While browsing the Bretiling website, I kind of got a new respect for the Colt quartz watch. That was my original Breitling, almost 20 years ago. They do an excellent presentation of their technology, which includes a description of their Super Quartz. Apparently, it is 10x more accurate than regular quartz, having something to do with allowing for variations in temperature. Apparaently the accuracy is plus or minus about 15 seconds per year. I still love the automatic movements, but after I learned about Super Quartz, also the fact that the watch has an 8-year battery, I really started to think about the quartz movements. I also learned that almost all of the Professional line models use the Super Quartz movement, except for the Skyracer. Probably most of you know this information already, but for those who don't there is a wealth of information contained within the Breitling website, which is also very well presented. I do like the new update of their website, and the fact that most of their timepieces can be viewed in 360 degrees.
Cheers,
Carl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:24 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
The point you make is the perfect excuse to start a Breitling collection as obviously it is essential to have a superquartz and an automatic watch too!

I'll just run the idea past my wife and let you all know how I get on!

Seriously you make an interesting point and it is good that Breitling cater for those that appreciate the joy of an automatic watch but also they do something a bit special when it comes to Quartz and a super accurate watch. The importance of having one of each is that when someone admires your Breitling but tries to dismiss it by saying that their twenty dollar quartz is more accurate, you can say that "Of course on the days when I need extreme accuracy from my watch I wear my Colt Quartz!" :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:33 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I'm single so don't need approval from anyone...ha ha! Having said that, I really can't afford to spend a lot of money on a watch at the moment. I am probably going to get the Blackbird at some point in the next couple of years, but I could save about 4 grand and get a Colt Super Quartz II! I also wish I could afford to get one of those Minis! I have been without a vehicle now for over 6 years, and just take transit. The more I am without a vehicle, the more I can spend on watches! Let me know how you make out asking your wife! :roll:
Cheers,
Carl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:43 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Of course, being a Breitling, it features a COSC Certified Quartz Movement, which is unusual for a Quartz watch. Another bonus you get with Breitling, that I forgot to mention.
Cheers,
Carl