The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:59 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
any one have any detailed pictures of the blackbird with ocean racer strap? thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:14 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
Wish I could find some, too. Although, the Blackbird has it's own unique version of the Pilot bracelet, with faceted edges. I finally saw a Blackbird the other day. I think it has the most balanced look of any of the Breitlings, with the large date displayed at the 12 o'clock, and the 3 other subdials at 3, 6 and 9. I also really like the way the background on the calendar is in black to match the dial, and the white numbers match all the other letters and numbering on the dial. If I find any info or pices about your bracelet, I will post. I think that bracelet is a very new option for the Blackbird, the Bretiling website was recently updated and previously I saw no mention of it.
Cheers,
Carl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:20 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

thanks for the update .yes any info would be nice .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:00 am 
All Roads lead to Breitling
All Roads lead to Breitling

I've some bad news for you Meiyoki. The Ocean Racer strap is designed to fit the new Superocean Heritage model. These come in two sizes, 38mm and 46mm with lug widths of 20mm and 24mm respectively.

The Blackbird has a lug width of 22mm so the Ocean Racer strap will not fit (unless you wish to fit a strap which is too small).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:42 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Sharkmouth wrote:
I've some bad news for you Meiyoki. The Ocean Racer strap is designed to fit the new Superocean Heritage model. These come in two sizes, 38mm and 46mm with lug widths of 20mm and 24mm respectively.
The Blackbird has a lug width of 22mm so the Ocean Racer strap will not fit (unless you wish to fit a strap which is too small).

I don't have the 08 Cronolog in front of me at the mo (and I can't really be a*sed to get up and get it!), but I'm pretty sure there is a pic of a Blackbird on an Ocean Racer strap in there. Looks OK on it too..... in a strappy-rubber-band kinda way!! :wink: (No it actually looks pretty good). Not seen the much-vaunted new clasp on the Ocean Racer yet though. Any good?

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:44 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

There are two Blackbirds pictured in the 08' chronolog on black rubber straps (different straps). I have no experience with the rubber straps but one of them is the one that says Breitling and the other is the one with the large holes in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:33 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

chance97 wrote:
There are two Blackbirds pictured in the 08' chronolog on black rubber straps (different straps). I have no experience with the rubber straps but one of them is the one that says Breitling and the other is the one with the large holes in it.

The one with "Breitling" is the Diver Pro. The one with the holes is the Ocean Racer. They must have introduced a new size for the Ocean Racer, to adapt it to the Blackbird interhorn width.
Cheers,
Carl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:01 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

thanks for the feedback all. sharkmouth in the new breitling catalog they show the blackbird with the Ocean Racer strap and it is the first time I've seen or heard of it .I thought that they only came with the Superocean as well, thats why I thought the pros on here could give me some more info or pictures.