Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Diamond Bezel
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:43 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
I am thinking about getting a diamond bezel for my chronomat evolution. I know there are multiple options with diamonds on the top, and both on top and on the outside of the bezel. I'm not too sure what the price range is for this. CAn anyone tell me?

Also, I'm curious to know what others think about this option and for those who have them, how do you like them? Do you feel it was worth the money? Thanks!

Breitling Chrono SuperOcean
Breitling Avenger Seawolf
Omega Seamaster Pro James Bond LE Co-Axial Auto

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:16 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Don't do it Scarlet Evolution! Leave well alone! The Evo is a lovely watch as it is and doesn't need bling embellishment! :wink:

(But if you are really keen and what to see how to do it properly, check out some of Ron's (O2AFAC67) pictures on here, as he's got a rather nice Chronomat Evo with a grey dial and black subdials, with a nice understated diamond bezel on it.)

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:57 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

You can get a factory bezel from Breitling for about $3-4K or you can customize your own factory bezel, go to a jewelry store and they will drill the holes and set the diamonds that you pick. You can usually pick lower quality diamonds than the factory bezel so it will not be as pricey as the factory bezel. Or you can go on eBay and purchase a custom bezel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:03 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Quote:
Don't do it Scarlet Evolution! Leave well alone! The Evo is a lovely watch as it is and doesn't need bling embellishment!

For now I can't afford it at all. I think I would buy another watch before spending upwards of $4k on it. I didn't realize it was that pricey. I'm thinking, with the red dial, i have enough bling with this Ling!!! (hey that rhymed! :uplaugh:

Breitling Chrono SuperOcean
Breitling Avenger Seawolf
Omega Seamaster Pro James Bond LE Co-Axial Auto

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:23 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Scarlet Evolution wrote:
Quote:
Don't do it Scarlet Evolution! Leave well alone! The Evo is a lovely watch as it is and doesn't need bling embellishment!

For now I can't afford it at all. I think I would buy another watch before spending upwards of $4k on it. I didn't realize it was that pricey. I'm thinking, with the red dial, i have enough bling with this Ling!!! (hey that rhymed! :uplaugh:

Yes, the factory bezel is quite a pretty penny. Primarily for the fact that it's not even the diamonds that make them expensive, the bezel instead of the factory Stainless Steel, the Factory diamond bezel is usually made of 18K White Gold then set on 1+ CT of diamonds. So the fact that the factory bezel is White Gold is what makes it so expensive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:43 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 335 posts
defiancekofb wrote:
Scarlet Evolution wrote:
Quote:

Yes, the factory bezel is quite a pretty penny. Primarily for the fact that it's not even the diamonds that make them expensive, the bezel instead of the factory Stainless Steel, the Factory diamond bezel is usually made of 18K White Gold then set on 1+ CT of diamonds. So the fact that the factory bezel is White Gold is what makes it so expensive.
List price for the factory diamond bezel was an extra $4,500 USD in early spring of this year before the prices increased in May and November. Mother Of Pearl dial without diamonds was $400 USD extra and another $1300 for diamonds on the MOP. In the November 1st price list which is included with the 08 Chronolog, the diamond bezel and diamond MOP dial add another $7,000 USD to the list price of the Chronomat an $800 "option" increase from last year. ("Evolution" is now dropped from the name) Last year it was an additional $6200. The factory diamonds are "Top Wesseltons", colorless (E) and VVS clarity, 1.14 cttw on the bezel (I don't know the cttw on the MOP dial) and perfectly set. This is the first I have ever heard about the factory diamond bezel being 18K solid white gold. I'll find out tomorrow when I visit my local authorized Breitling service center and report back as to the veracity of that statement. As for aftermarket diamond bezels, they are sold on Ebay all the time for around a thousand bucks for more than a carat TW and there are even four or more carat bezels available. The diamonds are not TW E/VVS but the bezels are certainly lower in price. Aftermarket bezels will void any factory warranty still in effect on a modified watch. Factory diamond bezels can only be added on to a watch by going through an authorized dealer and of course a full service will be charged in addition to the parts. Bottom line, if you want stones on a B, either buy it in that configuration from an AD at the best discount you can get or pay much less to have your jeweler install an aftermarket version. Up to you.
Cheers,
Ron

Click to view: 500px Photo Gallery "Flow" or... 500px Photo Gallery or... Breitling Pics Slideshow