The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:20 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
I think its a real shame that the amount of fakes out there has really put me off them. Whenever i look at them it just reminds me of the fakes. I find this so disheartening as they are such good watches...

Does anyone else feel similar with this or anyother breitling models?

Current: Yellow Emergency.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:11 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I have thought about this dilemma, if you want to avoid looking like your wearing a fake, purchase a Motors T, with the semi-brushed/semi-polished look, since I believe there are no Motors T Replicas. Only Motors Replicas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:42 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I see what you mean, i just think its a shame that such beautiful wstches have been tarnished by fakes.....

another thing, how do you get the full ling membership badge thing?

Current: Yellow Emergency.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
To put the badge in your signature, you just need to insert the smiley text... to get the smiley text just check out the "view more emoticons" it will be t here when u click on it.

I don't find that the Fake Bently's out there turn me off.. there will always be fantastic fakes of all the popular watches. The Motors T has been quite faithfully reproduced as well actually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:11 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Purchase from a reputable AD and you will not have to worry about fakes!!! That is the only way around it in my opinion. I too felt this was about all watches and anything that I buy that is expensive. When there are fakes involved, the best information is to know your source!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:58 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 2 posts
A fake is in no way degrading the origninal. It only shows, that the original is a great watch, and every fake is a tribute to that original.

But when the fake is hardly distinguishable, it becomes criminal....

BG
Thomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:16 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
Isn't Imitation the Highest Form of Flattery? or something to that effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:46 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

breitlingsource wrote:
I don't find that the Fake Bently's out there turn me off.. there will always be fantastic fakes of all the popular watches. The Motors T has been quite faithfully reproduced as well actually.

I was wondering about that. You hear about Breitling fakes more than any other brand. Why is Breitling so popular to copy? Is it easier to do? I know rolex has had that problem for many years, but I don't hear as much about it as much. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. I think the fact that fakes are so real drives away potential customers. I was very concerned about that issue so I bought from an AD, AND got a good price to boot. There is a fine line between wanting a good price and getting screwed.

:pcacborc:
:threequartslingclub:
Navitimer o1 LE
SuperOcean Steelfish
Bathys 100Fathoms Aquaculture
RXW MM20
RXW MM25
Seiko Sumo
Seiko Orange Monster
Movado series 800 diver
Thanks
Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:14 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

TxKarateDude wrote:
breitlingsource wrote:

I was wondering about that. You hear about Breitling fakes more than any other brand. Why is Breitling so popular to copy? Is it easier to do? I know rolex has had that problem for many years, but I don't hear as much about it as much. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. I think the fact that fakes are so real drives away potential customers. I was very concerned about that issue so I bought from an AD, AND got a good price to boot. There is a fine line between wanting a good price and getting screwed.

No, I have always heard of Rolex being counterfeited more than any other watch company, perhaps because they are the most popular. I have heard of Rolex Submariner replicas that are made so well that the two tone links are even made of REAL 18K gold, the case back has the correct markings as well as a serial number and to top it all off, when remove the case back it has all the correct wheel markings. Of course a fake like this will run you $500-1,000 USD, but when you have a replica that is this good, what is the point of purchasing a real one? That's why I like the new GMT-Master II, since the new one has the word ROLEX engraved around the bezel, as well as GMT-Master II written in green writing, you can now differentiate the replicas from the authentic ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:51 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

With all due respect, I can't help thinking that it won't be long before these 'modifications' appear on the fakes as well...let's face it, if you're going to such lengths to create a fake, it won't be too much trouble to copy that.

I've seen some incredible fake Panerais that are 99% perfect - even 'trained' paneristi have been fooled.

Frankly can't see the point, but then what do I know... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:22 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

sportback wrote:
With all due respect, I can't help thinking that it won't be long before these 'modifications' appear on the fakes as well...let's face it, if you're going to such lengths to create a fake, it won't be too much trouble to copy that.

I've seen some incredible fake Panerais that are 99% perfect - even 'trained' paneristi have been fooled.

Frankly can't see the point, but then what do I know... :wink:

I think the OP's point is that he would like to purchase a watch that could be quite distinguishable to being an authentic, but like previous posters have stated, all expensive timepieces have their replicas, but some authentic watches have new failsafe that you could tell they are real, such as the new GMT-Master II's features, but unfortunately you are correct, I think it's a matter of time and the counterfeiters will eventually find away to replicate the new GMT-Master II identification methods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:38 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
Buy a Breitling for Bentley Flying B! That was has not been properly faked yet, and the detail inside the case is so good that it would be difficult to do well... details like Mother of Pearl indexes, etc. :)