The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:40 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
So I went to my nearest AD yesterday and tried on the Super Avenger, Chrono-SuperO, Skyland, Navitimer Legende, Chrono Evo and a few others.
The Legende is a gorgeous watch with the copper dial. I didn't like that the large seconds hand was the same color as the dial.
The SA seemed too big for my tastes. I liked it's diameter, but not the thickness. I could get used to it though.
I seemed to be drawn more to the midsize 'lings. The Chrono Avenger and the Chrono SO. My main concern with those is that I'd forget to screw down the pushers and go swimming. Which is why I'm really leaning to the SO Steelfish X-plus. Unfortunately that's the one they didn't have in stock. They had the regular SuperOcean, but it seemed small compared to the larger models.
The dealer rep was helpful and wanted to order one for me, but I wanted to wait and shop a bit more before I take the plunge. It was kinda weird that I knew more about Breitlings than her and I asked a bunch of questions that she had to consult the dealer catalogue to answer. But I guess it's not unusual. I am lookinig at 'lings ONLY and she has lots of other brands that they sell. So it'd be impossible to know the specifics of everything. I could only get them to commit to 10% off retail, which isn't much considering that I'd have to pay sales tax too.

:pcacborc:
:threequartslingclub:
Navitimer o1 LE
SuperOcean Steelfish
Bathys 100Fathoms Aquaculture
RXW MM20
RXW MM25
Seiko Sumo
Seiko Orange Monster
Movado series 800 diver
Thanks
Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
The screwdowns on the pushers are not for water resistance, they are for making sure the pushers are not depressed when you are swimming.. so you should be okay. The chrono avenger also does not have screw down pushers. The 44-45mm lings are definately good though... and u can do better than 10% off retail, but if prices are going up by 5% mid-december that's not a good thing.. not sure if that is substantiated yet in North America.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:20 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
Thanks Admin, you're right about the Chrono Avenger, I just mistyped what I was thinking. My point was that I'd forget to screw down the pusher, and bump it while diving and flood the watch.
Getting to actually handle so many different Breitlings was DEFINATELY cool, and makes the decision harder. I hope to get one before the price increase takes effect.
I did pick up a Chronolog 2007. It's a great reference manual for 'Lings with all the specs right at hand.

:pcacborc:
:threequartslingclub:
Navitimer o1 LE
SuperOcean Steelfish
Bathys 100Fathoms Aquaculture
RXW MM20
RXW MM25
Seiko Sumo
Seiko Orange Monster
Movado series 800 diver
Thanks
Terry