The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:36 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
When I saw the pics of the new Transocean (non-chronograph), I had to go down to my AD to see it. I found it one of the most exciting new Breitlings to come out in years. Love the simple dial, and the completely retro look, especially the large gold "B". However, when I tried it on after seeing it, I realized that it just IMO is way too large for a watch of this type. A max 38mm dial would be way more appropriate. As well, the date window is way too close to the center of the dial. To me, putting a movement that size into such a large case is simply poor design. Charging $5300 price tag for a watch which does not even have the inhouse movement - just a 2892 - and designing a case that is, to me, way out of proportion is just not good enough.

Still - even after I flamed it - it is a good looking timepiece and I have to say my favourite new Breitling. Sort of makes a statement about what I think about the other new Breitlings, and why I no longer buy the brand.

Cheers,
Carl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:33 am 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

Liked in: 9 posts
If the Bentley Mark VI is eligible, then that gets my vote, in the blue dial on Speed bracelet. Aside from price, that's probably the one Breitling "currently" available (i.e., still shown on their website and possibly still found in stores) that I would own and wear unreservedly, aside from the slightly petty peeve I have of wearing a watch bearing the name of a car I stand little hope of ever owning.

Among the models currently in production, the Navi 01 is an easy choice. Given the price and the fact there are watches by other brands I prefer (that also cost less), it's unlikely I'll ever get it. But I still think it's a great watch and a great standard bearer for the brand.

If Breitling would offer the TO and TOC on a proper bracelet, and make sure the lugs don't extend past the endpieces, those would be contenders, as well. I also like the idea of a 41mm Chronomat, but the current styling makes it a no-go for me, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:10 am 
All Roads lead to Breitling
All Roads lead to Breitling

Liked in: 33 posts
JacksonStone wrote:
If the Bentley Mark VI is eligible, then that gets my vote, in the blue dial on Speed bracelet.

Well, IDK. It is a discontinued model introduced before 2010. I had the blue dial (purchased new at cost because they just can't move them due to the paltinum bezel related price) and like ALL blue dials I've had, it didn't grow on me\ even tho by all accounts it is a gorgeous blue.

I do really like the white dial on the the speed bracelet. Nicely sized and a very comfortable watch to wear. The AD has a white dial on the burgandy croco and it is stunning. But I would have to have a bracelet option too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:43 am 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

Liked in: 9 posts
sharkman wrote:
Well, IDK. It is a discontinued model introduced before 2010.

In rereading your original post, I see my choice had to be introduced within the last two years. For some reason that didn't register with me. Based on the thread title, I was thinking it could be a model I could obtain in new condition, rather than a newly introduced model specifically. In looking over the current offerings, it seems there are relatively few Breitlings currently in production that haven't been substantially revamped within the last two years.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:29 pm 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

Liked in: 4 posts
For the model : TRANSOCEAN
Reference: R1036012|G722|749P|R20D.1
Case: Red gold
Dial: Mercury Silver
Strap: Croco Green

- This is Ghost Rider requesting a fly-by. - Negative Ghost Rider. The pattern is full.