Blackbird (any version) 75%  75%  [ 18 ]
Chrono-matic 49 25%  25%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 24
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:11 pm 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

Liked in: 9 posts
sco wrote:
You may want to look into a Casio G Shock for those activities!!

:yeahthat I've never really understood the desire to wear a nice watch for activities that involve sweating and fitness attire. The rest of you is dressed down and gross; why dress up your wrist? Not only would I worry about harming the watch, but I would feel silly wearing something that nice for such a grubby activity. I wear a $50 Nike digital watch when I work out, and it's perfect for that: light, comfortable, functional, and something I don't worry about trashing. Now, on the golf course, I could see why you'd want to look nice, but even there you run the risk of messing up the movement.

Per the original topic, I think you did well with the Blackbird, although I was surprised at how good the GMT looked on you. Yours is one of the few wrist shots I've seen of that watch where it doesn't look ridiculous. To wit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:15 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
JacksonStone wrote:
sco wrote:
You may want to look into a Casio G Shock for those activities!!

:yeahthat I've never really understood the desire to wear a nice watch for activities that involve sweating and fitness attire. The rest of you is dressed down and gross; why dress up your wrist? Not only would I worry about harming the watch, but I would feel silly wearing something that nice for such a grubby activity. I wear a $50 Nike digital watch when I work out, and it's perfect for that: light, comfortable, functional, and something I don't worry about trashing. Now, on the golf course, I could see why you'd want to look nice, but even there you run the risk of messing up the movement.

Per the original topic, I think you did well with the Blackbird, although I was surprised at how good the GMT looked on you. Yours is one of the few wrist shots I've seen of that watch where it doesn't look ridiculous. To wit.

I was somehow endowed with a very large frame. The BMI scale says my ideal weight should be 180, but I look deathly ill under 210 despite it saying that I am overweight. Also, you'd think I was more immune to fractures but this May I broke my left wrist, the same one you see here in a bike accident. That sucked

I have been loving the BB since I purchased it. Still very happy with my decision. Despite my original idea of keeping it on all the time, I have been taking it off for some activities. It's just too nice to risk anything.

If they, at some point, make a Chronomat GMT in a non polished finish, I will buy it. I could use a 2nd BIG watch at some point.