The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:50 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
This is a bit of an open question to Breitling (and by "open" I'm guessing Fred will be the only one with any kind of genuine insight here! :wink: ), but I'm finding myself frustrated by some of Breitling's dial colour choices lately.... or more accurately the lack of certain dial options.

For example, I absolutely adore the 40mm Premier B09.... but I really don't like the pistachio dial, and yet that's the only option in SS (apart from an LE with a burgundy dial, but again I'm not a huge fan). Why is there no black, blue, or white/silver options? Surely this piece is just crying out for at least ONE classic dial option?

Another example is the SS Premier Duograph, as while the blue is lovely in certain lights (see below), it's just not as versatile IMO as a black dial would be... and there's no black dial version available. The black dial in the rose gold case looks incredible (again in certain lights), but I can't help thinking we need a black dial in the SS version as well.

The same goes for the Navitimer - no classic reverse panda option for the 41mm, and no white/silver for the 43mm (or 46mm).

Same on the Chronomat 42 - there's no classic blue with white subdial option, only "black eye blue" (which I've never thought works that well).

In these times of multiple dial options - see the new SO for example - I really think we could just do with all the classic options (black, blue, and white/silver) covered first before venturing into the more wacky options.

Lastly, I'd love to see a return to more solid colour dials instead of everything having sunray brushing. For example, I'd love an SOH B20 42, but whenever I've tried it on I just can't get past the sunray brushing, even on the black dial. I just find the sunray washes everything out, with the blue being the worst offender. I watched a video of a Premier Duograph review the other day, and under strong lights, the blue dial looked incredibly washed out.

I'd just love some insight into why some of the (classic) dial colours are omitted while other slightly left-field choices are selected.

Site Moderator

WatchFred likes this post.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:56 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
I hear you. But we'll never be able to have all color variations in every size - so we had to sacrifice the reverse panda Navtimer in 41mm (for now), but I do hope that sooner or later we'll have that too, maybe an LE (that was my - for now unsuccessful - request).

re the Premier..... patience, please? There are roadmaps extending well into 2025, hope there will be dial colors you like.

Driver8 likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:30 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
WatchFred wrote:
I hear you. But we'll never be able to have all color variations in every size - so we had to sacrifice the reverse panda Navtimer in 41mm (for now), but I do hope that sooner or later we'll have that too, maybe an LE (that was my - for now unsuccessful - request).

re the Premier..... patience, please? There are roadmaps extending well into 2025, hope there will be dial colors you like.

:thumbsup:

I'll keep the faith on the Premier then, Fred! :D Looking forward to what's coming!

Site Moderator