Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:40 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
mwheatley wrote:
Can you get the new rubber strap on the 42 (not super) Chronomat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the strap will be available - unclear if as an option or for separate purchase; no clear timeframe yet

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:48 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 74 posts
mwheatley wrote:
Can you get the new rubber strap on the 42 (not super) Chronomat?

I would have liked to see the rubber strap as option on the 42 Chronomat from the start. Not a fan of the bracelet, just adds cost, and would have looked more seriously at the 42.

The new 44 looks nice and great to see the thickness reduced, wish they could of gotten the 42 down below 15mm. Functional speaking I'm not a fan of the date in a sub-dial (makes it harder to read) but that is the direction taken on the new Chronomat line, probably not a show stopper. Bezel looks good but the 44 is too large for me, still waiting for what's next. The prices are getting too high on the in-house movement pieces so not really justifiable for me if I want to have more than a one watch collection.

I have a couple of older models I'm interested in so I'll give it to the end of the year, then move on them.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:08 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 408 posts
I love the look of these! And that rubber strap really is so cool! Unfortunately my wrists are only 6.5 so even if they wear a little bit smaller, I'm sure I still can't pull it off. Every watch that I have ever had with a 50 mm lug to lug eventually got sold.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

WatchFred likes this post.
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 2:15 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 37 posts
I really like the 4 year. Hard to choose between that and the Daytora.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 1:53 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
Fantastic update to the chronomat! I would take that over a Daytona!

Post subject: Summit Webcast - May 6th
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 5:43 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 49 posts
Driver8 wrote:
Just watched the webcast.

Initial thoughts - I think that Super Chronomat looks absolutely fantastic. With the ceramic bezel I think it's even better looking than the standard Chronomat, and the addition of that bespoke rubber strap is a great move. Also it's good to see sensible (i.e. desirable) colourways from the off. Really impressive looking piece. :thumbsup: The 1461 calendar variant is a very cool move too.

My only personal concern is the size. It's 14.4mm thick and 53.5mm lug to lug, so it's no shrinking violet. I know a lot of Breitling guys (especially on FB) will be over the moon with that size (and a few years ago I would've too!), but these days I go for slightly smaller pieces.

But that just a personal preference ; in all other respects I think it's an awesome looking piece!
Agree with ya driver. Ten years ago this would have been on my radar. These days in my old age it’s just too big for me to pull off. Nice looking piece though.

Edit - maybe that number is closer to 15 years ago

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 2:25 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
boogiebot wrote:
Agree with ya driver. Ten years ago this would have been on my radar. These days in my old age it’s just too big for me to pull off. Nice looking piece though.

Edit - maybe that number is closer to 15 years ago

Yeah I agree BB - it's nice looking piece, and on the right wrist I think it's a real looker. Sadly 99% of the IRL pics I've seen so far seem to be modelled by guys with spaghetti wrists! :lol: (Either that or it really does wear huge!) I'll need to try one on to have a proper view.

Just as an aside, I have to say it cracks me up on the FB groups how many alleged Breitling fanatics have clearly never seen a UTC or Co-pilot module before! :lol: "What's the other watch on the bracelet thing?", "Buy one, get one free?", "GMT on extra small watch", "When your Breitling has it's own Breitling", "What's the point of the small watch?", "Makes it look like a cheap Invicta"(?), etc.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 6:27 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
It's a shame we don't have that much member interaction on here any more as I'd be interested to see what more peoples view are of the Super Chronomat. The comments on Breitling's official FB feed have generally been less than stellar from I can see..... :?

A lot seems to stem from people having zero comprehension of the UTC/Co-Pilot module, but it also just generally seems to be less popular from an aesthetics point of view than the 42mm version..... and I'm not sure why as they definitely follow the same design language.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:44 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 37 posts
Driver8 wrote:

A lot seems to stem from people having zero comprehension of the UTC/Co-Pilot module, but it also just generally seems to be less popular from an aesthetics point of view than the 42mm version..... and I'm not sure why as they definitely follow the same design language.

Honestly, I really don’t like the aesthetics of the UTC module. I think the GMT hand is a better solution for multiple time zone management.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:17 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
sales are excellent ;)
it is (and was meant to be) a polarizing design, pure Breitling DNA in a new interpretation - so the true enthusiast forums like the German Watchlounge all love it a lot, the casual follower on insta that doesn’t know about the UTC (and Chronomat) heritage may frown a bit (although the ROO/Hublot guys react well too)

Seeing the Premier Heritage and the Super Chronomat launch 4 weeks apart may confuse some ..

Hunterfate likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 3:50 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 16 posts
I think I said a long time ago that what made Breitling special to me was the Superquartz line up, so the mechanicals don’t do a lot for me. That said, I don’t know what I think of these. In the pictures, the blue looks too vivid to me, and there’s too much of it. If I have a quibble with the UTC module, it’s just that I’d prefer it to be a true 24 hour dial. I commuted across 9 time zones for 5 1/2 years, so day/night could be an issue. Of course, I loved the old digital quartz UTC, so what do I know?

Based on the pics in this thread, they’re definitely Breitlings. Me, I guess I’m waiting for a new Aerospace.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 6:59 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Liked in: 343 posts
I’m actually a big fan of the new Super Chronomat. I’ve really warmed up to the Chronomats after finally seeing one in person. The bracelet is still OK to me but I’ll admit it was very comfortable. I really like how the watch looks on the rubber strap and I’ve seen pics of the Chronomat on the diver pro and rubber mesh which look really nice.

I really like the look of the UTC but would never need it since I’m not traveling through too many time zones when I actually do travel. With this launch and the Premier Heritage models, I’m already looking for the next great launch at the next summit.

Visit them on the web at http://www.govbergwatches.com or call 800-528-8463

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:50 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 49 posts
jnelson3097 wrote:
With this launch and the Premier Heritage models, I’m already looking for the next great launch at the next summit.

I’m told this is only the beginning