It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Dubai
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:23 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello
When I was in Dubai last January I saw a lovely Breitling, since coming back I have regreted not buying it. I have looked in a lot of places but have failed to find a Breitling that catches my eye the same. I can not remember the model.
My question is do they sell different models in places like Dubai?
I am in the UK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:14 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Yeah they sell the ones with lots of bling and gold over there and also the ones that can take the sweat running of your arms if you try to walk a mile in the daytime 8) Djeez that was one HOT country.

LOUIS VUITTON TAMBOUR DIVERS
PANERAI LUMINOR

Last edited by Gert on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Dubai
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:11 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
bfk wrote:

They may sell more diamond encrusted monsters, but in terms of the basic range, then Dubai will sell exactly the same models as over here in the UK. There is one global range. Check out a copy of the Chronolog, or www.breitling.com or better still www.breitling.co.jp ("Fitting" section) to see the full range.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:50 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Driver8 wrote:
bfk wrote:

They may sell more diamond encrusted monsters, but in terms of the basic range, then Dubai will sell exactly the same models as over here in the UK. There is one global range. Check out a copy of the Chronolog, or www.breitling.com or better still www.breitling.co.jp ("Fitting" section) to see the full range.

This may also be of interests: http://www.breitlingforbentley.jp/fitting/index.html for the Breitling for Bentley models.

Best regards,
tigergutt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:14 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

should be all the same models out there regardless of country.....as a previous said though they have more diamonds etc but other than that should be the same....

Breitling for Bentley GMT Midnight Carbon Black Steel LE 1000
Hublot Big Bang Aero Bang Steel
"You gotta pay to play..."
:fulllingclub:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:55 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks to everyone

The search will go on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:56 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 6 posts
I cannot NOT ad my 2 bits on any question on Dubai.
Dubai is a small city - probably less than a fourth of London - but has in excess of 7 Breitling-only Showrooms and hoardings of Breitling on roads - as common as ads for Credit Cards and once a week ads in the front page of the leading national daily newspaper!

I might go out on a limb and say that Dubai probably will have a better range of Lings than many other cities. The main reason being this country is TAX FREE and at any given time the place is teeming with tourists and eager buyers from the region.

This is a great place to shop for your Lings!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:17 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 72 posts
Mercury2wo wrote:
I cannot NOT ad my 2 bits on any question on Dubai.
Dubai is a small city - probably less than a fourth of London - but has in excess of 7 Breitling-only Showrooms and hoardings of Breitling on roads - as common as ads for Credit Cards and once a week ads in the front page of the leading national daily newspaper!

I might go out on a limb and say that Dubai probably will have a better range of Lings than many other cities. The main reason being this country is TAX FREE and at any given time the place is teeming with tourists and eager buyers from the region.

This is a great place to shop for your Lings!

Is there an AD at the Airport duty free shop and how big is the discount in % from the list prices?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:56 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks Mercury2wo

I can see where you are comin from as I have not been able to find one that comes near to the one I saw.
It was in the jewellers at the Mina Seyahi Hotel.

Oh well, i will learn from my mistakes.

Post subject: Dubai
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:46 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Hi BFK,

I was in Dubai recently and looked at a number of Breitling AD's.

The one you are referring to at the La Meriden hotel is part of a chain called Kunooz Jewellers.

I visited their store at the WAFI City Mall and the guy was very helpful, they had a huge selection of Breitlings and his prices / discounts were reasonably good, he always quoted their bottom line prices. They carry very good stocks at all their outlets.

I was very tempted to buy but in the end the exchange rate was not in my favour as it had dropped from 7.20 dirhams to around 6.33 dirhams to the pound, so it most instances there was only a few hundred pounds difference in buying out there versus getting 15% discount from an AD in the UK.

I also saw a number of unusual Chronomats with a lot of added diamonds, etc.

I also visited the Breitling Boutique at the Mall of the Emirates, small selection and not very willing to discuss or give away much info on the subject of discount, they just quoted more or less the local list prices.

Also visited the very small Breitling section at the Duty Free at Dubai, two members of staff were very slow and hopeless, had very little knowledge on the Breitling brand, when I asked about the No 173 Chronomat they looked at me as if I had come from Mars and was speaking a foreign language, they then spent about 15 minutes trying to identify the model from their master in house dealer catalogue which looks like a big binder, they guy went past the Windrider (Chronomat) section about half a dozen times, in the end I asked him for a copy of the Chronolog 08 catalogue and showed him the model, he then says oh we do not stock or carry any of that Breitling range, so frustrating.

But I guess all part of life's rich tapestry as the man said and the overall joy of hunting down a good deal on a nice Breitling.

Just my experience of Dubai a few weeks back.

Regards

Gerry

Post subject: Dubai (Kunooz Jewelers)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:09 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Hi Folks,

I am visiting Dubai every three to four months and IMO it is great place for shopping. Eleven days ago I became proud owner of :D Avenger Skyland :D . AD sales person (Kunooz Jewelers) was very helpful and made my purchase pure joy. Out of 8 ADs (including Dubai Airport which I would not recommend to anyone) Kunooz Jewelers at Festival City was the only one to have Skyland on stock. Seven other AD were out of stock!!
I am enjoying this watch since then, and quite honestly, I never stared at the dial of any watch as I am doing now with Skyland. Other than Breitlng, I have Rolex, Omega and Oris...

Cheers,

- tempus fugit -

Breitling Avenger Skyland
Rolex Submariner Date
Omega Seamaster Professional
Oris TT3 Day Date
Helvetia (1966)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:53 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 6 posts
Agree with the previous assessment of Dubai.
There is only ONE AD in Dubai - Kunooz Jewellers. It is just that they run lots of standalone stores and smaller boutiques in the larger hotels in the city.
The staff is on rotation and a visit to one store can give you an idea of stock in any of the other stores.
My Tip - Visit the Store in Mall of The Emirates. The biggest shopping Mall in the Middle east - and the biggest Breitling store of all AD stores in other malls.

And yes - Dubai IS an AWESOME place! :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:29 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I have to say that I do not agree with the previous assessments of competitive prices for Breitling watches in Dubai. The price saving margins are no longer that great, especially when compared to the US or Canada or even getting a good deal from an UK Breitling AD, once you have establised a good working relationship.

Dubai prices for both jewellery and any brand of quality watches have increased dramatically over the last five years and in my opinion are no longer that competitive even when compared to London prices nowadays.

The situation is obviously not helped by the AED dirham exchange rate being at all all time low today of 5.95 AED to the GBP. The AED is heavy influnced by the US dollar rate against which it is constantly tracked.

Mall of the Emirates is a large Mall but will be dwarfed by the new Dubai Mall when it opens.

Burj Dubai will be the tallest building until its competitor in Abu Dhabi is completed and this will then claim the title and so on and on it goes.

From what I experienced during my last shopping trip, Kunooz Jewellers were by far the superior Breitling AD, in terms of number and range of models on display, pricing and even more importantly stock availability on the day.

I just hope that in fifty or a hundred years time Dubai does not regret it's current insatiable appetite for limitless expansion. Just stand on Jumeriah Beach and have a look at what the Palm Jumeriah development has done to the beach, the surrounding backdrop area, views, etc, to to see what I mean.

However, I do agree that Dubai is currently an AWESOME building site ! ! !

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:58 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I'd hate to bump this ancient thread, but I was wondering if anyone had recent Breitling retail prices from Dubai on hand?
I've searched and e-mailed to no avail, and I'm heading over in mid-january.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:31 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Have a look at the retailers list on breitling.com and look for Dubai. I cant remember wich one, but I emailed one of them last year, and got a good price.
I think it was Kunooz or something..