The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:16 am 

Liked in: 0 post
Hello my name is David situated in the UK. Up for sale is my personal Breitling Chrono Avenger Sixty Nine A69360, Very Rare, All Boxes and Documents which i have owned for 14 years.

Also included is a genuine Breitling Travel Case.

As you will be aware it is from a very limited edition of only 600 world wide and this is number 426

This is an amazing collectors item and will only go up in price.

The watch is priced accordingly with the knowledge that it requires a battery and possibly a service.

The watch requires a battery as I have not worn it since I had one fitted by Breitling approx 4 years ago.

The watch is in very good condition with very light hairline scratches to the bracelet and clasp.

It comes with the spare links and bezel guard.

I am only selling the watch as I have not been wearing them and it's such a shame for a beautiful time piece to be stuck in a draw.

I am looking to achieve £2500.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Regards.

David.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by dlm71 on Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

blakkflame likes this post.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:28 am 

Here are some more pictures.

I have added this extra picture as with being new on here it should help quash any doubt and prove that the listing is legitimate and I have the watch in hand.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:34 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 730 posts
I assume the watch is not currently working. Personally speaking, it would appear to be risky to buy a watch with a battery that has been dead for some time. Batteries can leak if left in a watch for too long. The watch will probably need to go back to Breitling for attention. All things considered it would not be a safe purchase. For information, there is an example of this model on the Chrono24 website for £2,300.

Citizen Eco Drive AT4000-02E (for gardening)
Seiko 5 SNZG15J1
Hamilton X Wind LE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:20 pm 

zak57 wrote:
I assume the watch is not currently working. Personally speaking, it would appear to be risky to buy a watch with a battery that has been dead for some time. Batteries can leak if left in a watch for too long. The watch will probably need to go back to Breitling for attention. All things considered it would not be a safe purchase. For information, there is an example of this model on the Chrono24 website for £2,300.

The battery was fitted approx 4 years ago by Breitling and only stopped in the last couple of months, The battery has not been dead for some time so what makes you think it would be a risky purchase? It has always had the battery changed by Breitling with no issues reported.

I have just looked at the receipt and the battery was changed on 25/07/12 so I take your post to be quite derogatory to make such claims without knowing the facts stating the battery has been dead for some time!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:41 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

It's a watch with a dead battery. If that's derogatory then so be it. Would I pay 2.5k for a watch with a dead battery? Err.....let me think about that.

Seiko 5 SNZG15J1
Hamilton X Wind LE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:45 pm 

zak57 wrote:
It's a watch with a dead battery. If that's derogatory then so be it. Would I pay 2.5k for a watch with a dead battery? Err.....let me think about that.

So every watch with a battery that has gone flat is useless? Err, no!!

If someone wishes to make an offer other than what i said i would like to achieve they are more than welcome to PM with their offer as per the terms and conditions!

And yes i do find it derogatory as you have made assumption out of thin air.

My dealer who recommended i come here to sell the watch will be getting his ear bent on Monday, I said to my wife i wish i had found this site years ago but you have certainly changed that first impression.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:51 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

So your dealer wasn't interested? Good luck with that. Xx

Seiko 5 SNZG15J1
Hamilton X Wind LE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:52 pm 

zak57 wrote:
Good luck with that. Xx

With what? how arrogant you don't even know me!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:57 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

No I don't. But a first time poster flogging a watch with a dead battery does make me wonder...

Seiko 5 SNZG15J1
Hamilton X Wind LE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:10 pm 

As i said you don't even know me and yet again you cast aspersions towards me by making out that i have listed it to rip someone off i call that defamation of character.

Don't worry you won't have to look at the post much longer as i have asked breitlingsource admin how i go about closing the account.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:13 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Night night.

Seiko 5 SNZG15J1
Hamilton X Wind LE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:17 pm 

I was brought up to respect my elders but i am sorry to say you sadly fall far of the respect you deserve

Last edited by dlm71 on Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:20 pm 

zak57 wrote:
So your dealer wasn't interested? Good luck with that. Xx

My dealer was interested but he recommended i come here as he thought it would get a better offer than what he could give in part exchange of a Rolex i bought from him, thats why i said he will get his ear bent!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
zak57 wrote:

Zak57 - Please don't critisize the prices. Its in the rules. You've been here long enough to know. Sales forum is for selling not getting into petty arguments.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:23 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Gentlemen, I suggest you both review the forum rules, specifically around decorum and criticism of prices.

Edit, site owner beat me to it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next