The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:49 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Might be my first post here, and I have a question. I have an Aerospace Avantage with open warranty papers that needs service (just up and quit -- no battery warning or anything, and it was during basic daily wear). Can I still get warranty service with open warranty papers? If so, how do I go about that? Regardless, it will need to go in... best place to contact or send it in the States?

TIA,

-Al-

PS: I live in a pretty small town with the nearest AD about 5 hours away, so dropping it off at an AD isn't much of an option. :(

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:09 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
If the papers are completely blank - i.e. specifically no dealer stamp/signature on the inside back cover - then you will have problems as that tells Breitling that it came from an official AD.

However, a number of AD's seem to <ahem> "forget" to fill in the date on an otherwise completed warranty booklet (i.e. they put the dealer's stamp in it but leave the rest blank) which allows the customer to complete the missing date at their leisure at a later stage, and thereby benefit from the warranty for a little longer than they otherwise should.

I guess it depends on what level of incompleteness you have on your docs.

Alternatively you could just phone BUSA or BUK (depending where you live) and ask them whether the warranty will be valid. You don't have to tell them your name, and you could always just ask hypothetically. :D

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:31 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
The good news is that this is a US watch so assuming that it was sold throuigh an AD the sale should be registered with BUSA. That would mean that they will have a record of the date of sale and hence whether it is still under warranty. Definitely give them a call and see what they say, and you can send the watch directly to BUSA rather than going through an AD so that will also help you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:58 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Okay, thanks for the replies.

Got up this morn and the digital displays were on but very dim and filled with all the characters/lines as if it had been reset. I pulled the crown and the display switched to the time set and started flashing. Pushed the crown back in and the display faded to oblivion. Maybe it is just a battery issue.

As for the papers, the SN and Country/Retailer is stamped in with holes, but all else is blank.

Either way, may as well give BUSA a call Monday and see what they say. :)

Thanks again,

-Al-