Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:29 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello everyone,
I found a brand new Breitling SuperOcean BlackSteel Limited Edition 24/1000 at an Outlet Jewlery Store. This Jewelry store is part of a family owned Authorized dealers for Breitling. However, the Outlet store itself does not come up as one of the listed stores in Breitling.
That being said, this store has a Brand new SuperOcean Blacksteel Limited 24/1000 and they were able to offer me the watch for $4500. Thats because they got the watch as it does not have the papers. The store manager told me that they should be able to get the paperwork and certificate from Breitling sent to me if I decided to purchase the watch.

I love the watch but as this will be my first big watch purchase, I am a bit hesitant.

What do I do?

Thanks all.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:36 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 23 posts
? Should be able to get papers?? What if they can't ! How does an AD NOT have the paperwork ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:50 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 48 posts
usfelli2015 wrote:
? Should be able to get papers?? What if they can't ! How does an AD NOT have the paperwork ?

They are not an AD, one of their "sister" branches appear to be, I agree they should be able to get the electronic warranty card but I would not purchase until all the items were in front of me. As this is technically not an AD it might be once purchased the sister shop will issue the warranty.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:13 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Breitling do have a procedure to replace the COSC certificate. You have to go through an AD which is what I did with my 2009 Navitimer. It costs though. £85.

I'll just wait an moment while you pick yourself up off the floor and put your jaw back.

I bought my pre-owned Navi with only the International Warranty booklet and box, but not from an AD. I have been diligently buying all the other bits from Ebayers except for the COSC Certificate which I collected today from my AD. I now have a complete full set. This is not something everyone does as usually the watch is considered to be the important bit.

But I suppose your situation is different as the watch is supposed to be brand new and unworn. If the dealer is prepared to make up the set, I think you will have to come to an arrangement and work out between you how much deposit he's prepared to accept while he goes gets all the bits. But I wouldn't pay the full amount until everything you want has been acquired.

If you back out of the sale, he will still have the benefit of having more paperwork which makes the piece more desirable and saleable.