Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: My new Blackeye Gray B01
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:04 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I bought it not having seen the color in person, but Im 100% happy with my choice. The last pic best represents the true color. Hopefully Im loading it right.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:09 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

The contrast on the dial looks great IMO....but i know that some do not care for the gre/black combo on the B'Ling dials.

I love the thought of the BO1 movement and the clarity of the dial....I just don't know if I can get on with the bezel :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:38 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Have you seen the Bezel in real life, have you worn a BO1 at a dealer to see how the Bezel looks, the pictures on the net do the Bezel an injustice. The Bezel is a very decent looking Bezel in reality, especially when your wearing the watch.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:13 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
That is one amazing looking watch! The grey and black dial look wonderful with the ss bracelet!
It is wonderful - at least, to me - to see Breitling finally starting to put a background on their date that matches the dial, instead of the white background on virtually every other model, except the Blackbird.
Cheers,
Carl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:05 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Having read through many posts here I understand where many are coming from regarding the bezel. It seems a lot of the collectors who have followed Breitling dont like the bezel as much. Maybe its too drastic a change from the more "professional" looking Blackbird.

For me, I have one watch, a Tag from 12 years ago, and the B01 makes it look like a Ladys watch bc it dwarfs it. I didnt start getting into the fine watch hunt until recently and when i saw the B01, I fell in love with it. Maybe because Im not influenced by the vintage look of the other bezels. Regardless, all the Breitlings look nice to me.

As for the Blackeye Gray, i love the contrast. Originally I wanted Onyx black but felt the white tachymeter made the dial look smaller. Then I wanted Carbon black, but the dials have no contrast. Saw the Blackeye gray in the catalog and took a risk ordering it and Im 100% happy I did.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:43 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I think the blackeye is a great looking dial. I ended up ordering a B01/ss with the carbon black dial sight unseen and really like it.

Funny thing about the bezel, when I was first started looking at Breitlings the B01 was not on my list, when I saw it in person it went to the top of the list. Most of the models I thought I wanted based on internet pics turned out not to be what I wanted.
In a similar vein, I think the numerals on the bezel are more pronounced in pics than in person.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:00 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Very nice!

I think a lot of people on this site got carried away with the bezel font - but I actually quite like it.

We should all remember that over the decades plenty of Breitling watches shocked people when they were first released...only to become design classics.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:26 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Absolutely stunning !!! :drool: It´s nice to see that the B01 is doing excactly what it was designed to do. Bringing new buyers to the brand. Great to see that those people are also coming out more and more sharing their experiences, regardles of the traditionalists comments on the site. A friend of mine bought one today too. Before he was into Panerais and Rolexes and he wasn´t into B´s at all. Until he saw the B01. It´s going to be a future classic for sure!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:00 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
JaVa wrote:
It´s nice to see that the B01 is doing excactly what it was designed to do. Bringing new buyers to the brand.
:yeahthat

Outside Breitling forums, I'm surprised by how many people who never previously considered Breitlings simply LOVE the B01. Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:51 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

patsc23 wrote:
I bought it not having seen the color in person, but Im 100% happy with my choice. The last pic best represents the true color. Hopefully Im loading it right.

Sweet! Good choice of dial and welcome to the squadron :)

Did you get a strap for it as well? The B01 looks (and feels) great on a nice, hefty Breitling strap :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:54 am 
Wild Ling, You Make my Heart Sing!
Wild Ling, You Make my Heart Sing!

Ramps wrote:
Have you seen the Bezel in real life, have you worn a BO1 at a dealer to see how the Bezel looks, the pictures on the net do the Bezel an injustice. The Bezel is a very decent looking Bezel in reality, especially when your wearing the watch.

I agree with you. While in neither here nor there regarding the bezel, the pictures make the numbers stand out way more than they look in person.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:36 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

groucho wrote:
patsc23 wrote:

Sweet! Good choice of dial and welcome to the squadron :)

Did you get a strap for it as well? The B01 looks (and feels) great on a nice, hefty Breitling strap :D

Yes i did - I ordered a Diver Pro II strap for it also. Just waiting on it. And you guys weren't kidding, I've never gotten so many comment on my watch before. It seems as if everyone notices it now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:54 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Must admit I am certainly warming up to the B01.

Love the second shot. Can we see some more in natural light without the flash?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:34 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

The Blackeye and Carbon Black are my absolute favourite dials on the B01. The Onyx Black looks good, but I agree it´s been lead down by the dials shrinking effect of the white tachymeter.

My friend bought the Two Tone, Onyx Black combo. I saw it today and WOW. :wowzers I´m really surprised since gold on any watch has never been my thing, but on the B01 it some how looks really good??? Still not for me, but first time I´d even consider one.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:17 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Im pretty happy with my Riviera Blue dial, the blue that Breitling produces is just fantastic!