The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:18 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 22 posts
I'll catch up with andrew soon and ask he would pont franz the md of buk in te direction of this and other threads and see if we cant escalate our opinions up the breitling flag pole

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:50 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
was in basel at the weekend, saw all the watches talked about. To be honest i was uninspired by the "galactic collection" however there is a new dial combination offered on the Avenger seawolf which did look really smart!!! The superOcean is an interesting watch,but on the red, was not good.

The chronospace on first impression to me was a failure, but the more i look at it the more i start to think its a nice piece. The airwolf is being discontinued, i see this as a bit of a mistake tbh.

the ladies collection took a turn for the worst in my opinion also, they attempted to add an intergrated leather strap to starliner, did not work atall.

The limited edition skyland with Yellow hands looked really nice, but is it really that much of a design revalation.....?

There was a real treat however the Bo1 is now available with a Mat bezel which did look really good.

ANd a final insight a limited edition Breitling Chronomat Frecce Tricolore on a B01!!!!

as an overll impression of seeing lots of brands at Basel (tag, bell ross, omeaga)whis year all brands are trying to become more commercial ... can you blame them for taking less risks when the luxury sector around the world is on its arse !!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:34 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 74 posts
samuelAJones1884 wrote:
was in basel at the weekend, saw all the watches talked about. To be honest i was uninspired by the "galactic collection" however there is a new dial combination offered on the Avenger seawolf which did look really smart!!! The superOcean is an interesting watch,but on the red, was not good.

The chronospace on first impression to me was a failure, but the more i look at it the more i start to think its a nice piece. The airwolf is being discontinued, i see this as a bit of a mistake tbh.

the ladies collection took a turn for the worst in my opinion also, they attempted to add an intergrated leather strap to starliner, did not work atall.

The limited edition skyland with Yellow hands looked really nice, but is it really that much of a design revalation.....?

There was a real treat however the Bo1 is now available with a Mat bezel which did look really good.

ANd a final insight a limited edition Breitling Chronomat Frecce Tricolore on a B01!!!!

as an overll impression of seeing lots of brands at Basel (tag, bell ross, omeaga)whis year all brands are trying to become more commercial ... can you blame them for taking less risks when the luxury sector around the world is on its arse !!!!!

Can you ellaborate on the Avenger Seawolf new dial combo?
Thanks for the updates.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:46 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

samuelAJones1884 wrote:

That's very good news 8) My biggest complaint (besides the high price tag) about the B01 was the all shiny look. I missed the brushed bezel of the Chronomat Evo.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:24 pm 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

Liked in: 4 posts
samuelAJones1884 wrote:
The airwolf is being discontinued

The Airwolf Raven is still in the 2010 Breitling catalog. :)

- This is Ghost Rider requesting a fly-by. - Negative Ghost Rider. The pattern is full.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:00 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I took the VP's comments a little differently. I thought he was saying Breitling doesn't use an outside marketing firm to do their market research not that they don't listen to their customers. As he went on in the article he talked about how they create their own marketing materials, their own design development, and they have 100% control over the brand direction. This is a GOOD thing!

As to the "...Our customers will follow the brand" comment - well that was just a dumb thing to say...a bush-ism if you will.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:49 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

:yeahthat
On the nail!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8